It may surprise you that home remedies for Tinea Versicolor could be sitting in your cupboard. When Tinea Versicolor treatment is needed, your first idea may be to run to the doctor for a prescription, or grab an expensive shampoo or lotion. The truth is, there are a ton of home treatments for Tinea Versicolor that are cheap and could be more beneficial to your health then using a compound such as ketoconazole or selenium sulfide. Not that either of those are a bad thing, if you have read my Tinea Versicolor Treatment page you would see that I am a huge fan of the anti-dandruff shampoos that contain 1% selenium sulfide or 2% zinc pyrithione. These are great for Tinea Versicolor treatment. However, they are just anti-fungal compounds to treat skin conditions such as dandruff and do not have any of the outstanding health benefits as the 2 home treatments for Tinea Versicolor that I am about to show you. These products are relatively cheap and if you don’t already have them lying around your house, you can easily find them at the local market.
What’s commonly known as a natural sunburn treatment, Aloe Vera is a concrete natural treatment for Tinea Versicolor. Known to the Egyptians as the “plant of immortality”, Aloe Vera has become a leading treatment for many ailments. The plant itself contains over 75 different nutrients and 200 active compounds. These range from vitamins, enzymes, minerals, amino acids, and even the popular salicylic acid which is in nearly all acne products and could be of use when treating Tinea Versicolor. Aloe Vera grows best in dry, desert climates because it is part of the cactus family. It’s medicinal uses have been around for hundreds of years, the gel inside the leaves of the plant have been noted for their healing properties since the 4th century BC. It was used for burns, intestinal issues, and it aided in the wound healing process. Studies have shown that Aloe Vera has many properties which are effective in treating many skin related conditions such as Tinea Versicolor. The benefits can also be for your hair and scalp, flaky and dry skin, or for use as a moisturizer.
An overview of the benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera contains an abundant source of Vitamins and Minerals. These include vitamin A, C, E, a host of b vitamins, choline, and folic acid. It also carries the B12 vitamin, which is known for its ability to cure blotchy skin and aid in Tinea Versicolor Treatment, click here to read the benefits of Vitamin B12.
- Aloe Vera aids in digestion. If you do not have a healthy functioning digestive tract, you shouldn’t be surprised when some problems arise. If you have constipation issues it can help regulate your bowel movements. When searching for a natural treatment for Tinea Versicolor, a common tip will be to reduce the junk foods and incorporate natural whole foods for better digestion. A poor digestive tract may be a contributing factor to Tinea Versicolor.
- Aloe Vera is abundant in amino and fatty acids. The body has 22 necessary amino acids needed for the building blocks of protein. there are 18-20 amino acids that have been found in aloe vera, including the 8 essential amino acids. It contains fatty acids as well for healthy cholesterol. While it may not seem like this could apply to Tinea Versicolor treatment, remember that boosting our bodies healthy functions is essential for a natural Tinea Versicolor treatment!
- Aloe Vera alkalizes your body. If you have seen my Optional Tinea Versicolor Treatment page you would see the overview of how necessary balancing your ph levels is when treating Tinea Versicolor. It is very important to remember that disease cannot thrive in a alkaline environment, Tinea Versicolor being one of them.
- Aloe Vera is an Adaptogen. If you are unsure of what that may be, an adaptogen helps the body’s natural ability when adapting to external environments or changes, and also aids in resisting sickness. One theory could be that Aloe Vera’s adaptogen effect could improve the body’s ability to fight off Tinea Versicolor before it starts or worsens.
Aloe Vera For Tinea Versicolor
Now that I have shown you just a few of the benefits of Aloe Vera, let’s talk about how Aloe Vera can help cure Tinea Versicolor. Aloe Vera contains ingredients such as salicylic acid, sulphur, cinnamic acid, lupeopl, phenol, and urea nitrogen which are all known to be effective in preventing the growth of diseases such as Tinea Versicolor. Aloe Vera has been scientifically proven to significantly reduce fungi’s ability to spread. The active anti-fungal agent that is found in Aloe Vera is a protein called 14 kDa. This protein demonstrated its ability to suppress fungal growth on several strains of the Candida family. Tinea Versicolor is part of the Candida family so the use of Aloe Vera as a natural treatment for Tinea Versicolor has been proven to be a success.
Use Aloe Vera gel topically on the affected areas of Tinea Versicolor. If you are experiencing any kind of dandruff that is fungal related, apply Aloe Vera to the scalp a few minutes before showering and watch the dandruff disappear. Aloe Vera is great because there is no need to wash any residue off or worry about any adverse reactions or irritation that can be caused by lotions or shampoos. Just apply Aloe Vera gel to the affected areas and cure your Tinea Versicolor naturally while reaping the plants outstanding health benefits.
Baking soda for Tinea Versicolor. If you don’t have any baking soda on hand, then it is time to run to the grocery store. At around a $1.00 a box, baking soda for Tinea Versicolor can’t be beat! With its usages ranging from a household cleaner, refrigerator freshener, baking specialties, for brushing and whitening your teeth, and preventing odors you can’t afford to miss out on the benefits of baking soda for Tinea Versicolor. The only ingredient in baking soda is known sodium bicarbonate. Remember this as there are two similar items, baking soda and baking powder. The only thing you need to worry about when purchasing this item is that we want the one containing sodium bicarbonate.
Baking soda has received a lot of attention due to its amazing antacid properties. This is essential when using baking soda for Tinea Versicolor due to the high acidity levels in the body which give Tinea Versicolor an environment to thrive in. It is an antacid so it is commonly used to treat conditions such as indigestion, heartburn, and upset stomach. The great thing about baking soda is it can be taken orally and can aid in alkalizing your body, which balances the ph levels. There are even theories that baking soda can act as a cure for cancer, claiming that cancer cells are a fungal overgrowth related to the Candida albicans fungus. There is much skepticism and criticism involved behind this theory but it couldn’t hurt to add baking soda to your health regimen. Although I would never reject traditional medicine if faced with such a condition as cancer, I will definitely take the steps to avoid that at all cost.
Baking Soda For Tinea Versicolor Treatment
Now that you have learned a bit about Baking Soda, the method I would advise you to use baking soda for Tinea Versicolor is by applying it topically. This can be in or after you have taken a shower. I typically will apply baking soda during a shower and leave it on for 5-10 minutes while scrubbing my skin with a good exfoliating skin brush. Baking soda already has a slight coarse texture so you will be lightly exfoliating the skin when rubbing it on the affected areas. I would highly recommend picking up an exfoliating skin brush as they are a great means for removing dead skin and flakiness that is sometimes the result of Tinea Versicolor treatment.
Alternatively you can fill up a bath tub and pour a 1/2 cup to 1 cup of baking soda to your bath. However, this does take a bit more time and soaking in it does not necessarily make it more effective. If you do decide to soak, to make an even stronger ‘anti-fungal bath’ add in 1/2 a cup to 1 cup of epsom salts to the bath. To go even further, add a cup of apple cider vinegar and watch your Tinea Versicolor dissipate. If you have read my Optional Tinea Versricolor Treatment page page you can see that I recommend adding these products to your bath due to their anti-everything properties. Baking soda for Tinea Versicolor is a great and affordable way to cure this condition and the results can be visible within just days. I advise you to apply an Aloe Vera gel directly after a shower to further rid yourself of Tinea Versicolor.
I recommend using these 2 products in conjunction with your natural Tinea Versicolor treatment. The first being baking soda for Tinea Versicolor which is used in the shower, and the second applying Aloe Vera gel after and leaving it on to dry. You will not only reap the benefits of ridding yourself of Tinea Versicolor, but the health benefits as well. Be sure to remember that cleansing yourself internally and boosting your immune systems healthy functioning is key to long term success when treating Tinea Versicolor. There are a ton of products that will work topically for treating Tinea Versicolor but it starts with cleaning from the inside-out.
Incoming search terms:
- tinea versicolor natural treatment
- tinea versicolor home treatment
- tinea versicolor home remedy
- home remedy for tinea versicolor
- tinea versicolor
- pityriasis versicolor natural treatment
- natural treatment for tinea versicolor
- how to treat tinea versicolor naturally
- how to get rid of tinea versicolor
- baking soda for tinea versicolor